Once reports have been created from a blank Excel workbook or imported from the Cosmos Gallery, Report Editors and Report Viewers can run them directly from the Cosmos Portal. When running reports, users can change the Report Options that have been configured for a report, run the report, and then open previous report runs or archive the report for future reference.
This article covers the details of how to run reports in the Cosmos Portal.
To run a report from the Cosmos Portal, you will first find the report to run in the "Reports" section of the portal. Any user with the Report Editor or Report Viewer role assigned to them can run or open reports.
Once you have picked the report to run, click the Run button (which resembles a play button) at the bottom of the report card or click the ... in the lower-right hand corner of the report card and then click the Run button.
This will add the report to the "Report Runs" pane on the right-hand side of the Cosmos Portal.
The following actions are available in the Report Runs pane:
- Clicking the pin icon in the upper-left corner of the Report Runs pane will pin the pane open so it doesn't close when the user's mouse moves off of the Report Runs section
- Click the eye icon will minimize the section for each report.
- Clicking on each of the filters (such as the Year Filter in the example above) will expand the filter section so the user can set the filter prior to running the report
- Toggling the "Enabled" button to off will disable the filter and cause it to be ignored when the report is run
- Clicking the Run button will run the report with the selected filters.
While the report is running, the user can expand "Activities" section of the report run to see the progress of the report. Visual indicators will be shown for each sheet in the report. Once the sheets have completed running, Cosmos will put the sheets together into a single workbook and then finalize the workbook prior to it being available for the user to open.
Once the report has finished running, the user can click the Open button to open the report in a new browser tab.
Once the report has finished running the user can also archive the report run, if desired, based on the instructions included in the article here: How to Archive a Report Run.
Any reports that are not archived within two weeks of being run will automatically be cleaned up by the Cosmos platform.